10.4.10

Paint + Skin = Art





These are paintings I did after the neoplasticism style (also known as de stihl). This style is abstract using only shapes, vertical and horizontal lines, black, white, grey's and primary colours. My intentions were to portray the forgiveness of our sins through the death of Christ. The reason for painting on people? Well just wanted to do something that was out of the ordinary and different from everyone in my class. These are a couple of my great friends which endure the hours it takes of lying still as I paint. The bottom image is a representation of a sinner (black) whose heart has been made pure (white) through the blood of Christ (red).
The image above that is a representation of Christ (white=holy and perfect) who was pierced for our transgressions (red=wounds in his hands and side). The towel is for a PG version of what Jesus could have been wearing at the time.
The two images above that is my third idea for this project. This image is a restored heart (white) splattered with the blood of Christ (red) that stands among a sinful world (black and grey).
It was from these ideas that I created the piece "Forgiven"

No comments:

Post a Comment